Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend fun, wavy hair, red orange lips and nails

Hello there :)
So it's Sunday night, after a nice long productive day, patrick and I grilled up some dinner and now are watching a movie. It was a lovely weekend. Went the a sox game with family, sat around the fire with friends and got a lot accomplished. 

For the sox game I knew it was going to rain, so I didn't want to do too much to my hair. I'm trying to get the whole beachy waves in heat and humidity look. It's not easy. 
first I used my favorite product in the summer, ouidad heat and humidity gel. Then I actually used a straightening balm to calm my curls down a bit and let it air dry. 
Once dry I used my revlon 2 in 1 flat iron and curling ward. I lightly straighten the roots of top of my head, then curled face framing hair. 
Then I sprayed my hair with beach sea salt spray and scrunched, making it more texturized, messy and beachy. 
To hold the look I actually stole my boyfriends suave paste. I took a little in my hands and ran it through making it even more piecey. 
I certainly haven't perfected the look but it was a good try. 

This weekend I also wore a trend I've been loving in beauty. Orangey red. I used it on my nails and my lips. It's so summery I can't even stand it. 
Sally Hansen nail polish in sonic boom 
Urban decay super saturated high gloss lip color is punch drunk. 
With wearing a bold bright lip I would suggest leaving the eyes neutral and matte. 
Patrick and I also voluteered at a benifit for the American cancer association. We sold all natural and organic food and products from the company patrick works for and the proceeds went to the foundation. I have to say it is so rewarding to help out in something like that. Writing a check for a foundation is all well and good but putting in some hours made me feel much more connected to the cause. 
that's about all...I am getting some exciting new things in the mail this week I bought with my birthday gift cards so ill share them next week. 

Have a wonderful week xoxo brianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment