Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Smoked salmon spinach quiche with gluten free quinoa crust


I love smoked salmon. A lot. Lol
I love having it in an omelette or atop a bagel with cream cheese and chives. It was something new I tried in the past year and I'm obsessed.
Plus I get a good dose of fatty fish oil right in the morning. The fat paired with the protein from the egg keeps me satisfied all morning. 
I also love making breakfasts ahead of time for the work week. A stack of berry waffles, veggie mini muffins or smoothies are ready to grab regulars in our house. 
This week I made a quiche! Now I went way over board with the cream cheese but you can put less or skip it all together for a dairy free version. 

2 cups cooked quinoa for crust
1 3oz package smoked salmon, roughly chopped 
I can spinach, drained
Half a dozen eggs, beaten 
dollops of cream cheese (optional)

For the quinoa crust I simply pressed cooked quinoa into the sides of a oiled loaf pan. Then pour the egg, spinach and salon on the quinoa. Dollop the cream cheese on the very top. 
Cover with foil and bake for 30 min at 375 degrees. Then take foil off and bake for another 15. 
The result is a loaf of semi-healthy creamy, savory, magic. 
Patrick thought the combo sounded strange but tried it and it is breakfast, brunch even lunch approved! 


Thank for reading 
Xoxo brianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment