Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saturday Shopping Extravaganza

So Patrick has been on vacation all week snowboarding with his buddies in Lake Tahoe...so whats a girl to do in her free time on the weekend? The answer is SHOP! haha

Hes on the far right-looks like they are having fun!

My mom and I headed out Saturday morning on a mission to find some cute decor things for my house. We ended up at about 2 antique shops, several consignment and thrift stores, and some how at the mall and TJ maxi as well. After trying to hard to not buy things other than home goods, I went on a little bingger, but it was well worth spending the day with my mom.

We saw some awesome pieces at our local antique shops I wanted so many things to add character and style to our home. I loved this royal blue Victorian chair and the large letters CONN for my home state but didn't purchase them.



I did get an antique book with a pretty paisley print titled "Reflections of the Morning after". Also two vintage advertisements, the first is for Seagram's I plan on putting in Patrick's man cave, and the "Breakfast in Hollywood" movie ad framed for the kitchen.



 For the guest bedroom I scored the word "nest" with a little nest for $12 after searching for something similar on etsy, most of which were above $20. I already have bird printed canvas throw pillows and branch curtains to tie everything together. For the master bedroom I'm going for a every clean and serene look of all grey and white with accents of mint green. I picked up a mint flower pot at an antique shop and a light mint ceramic vase at TJ maxx. 





At TJ maxx I also Picked up two gold toned picture frames for the living room. I love how they are both different textures but in the same color family.


I had been LUSTING after this Tory Burch Roberson Dome satchel for over a year now, and when I saw this Anne Klein taupe purse on clearance I snacthed it. I love the structure in this bag, it came in a beautiful cobalt blue color as well but I stuck with the neutral shade. I also got an adorable trench for warmer weather. My current trench is about two years old from Banana republic factory outlet and while its cute I don't like how it doesn't zip, only buttons and has a tie at the waist, it doesn't have front pockets and no hood. I found everything that one lacked in this new trench. I can't wait to wear it with flats or rain boots and jeans in the spring. I also got raw Goji berries and powdered greens in the food section, a non slip workout headband and a beautiful journal with bible verses on every page. 




At Victorias Secret we got there at end of the semi annual sale and I got two sports bras for $14.99 each  I really needed some new ones and these are so adorable and supportive. I highly recommend the VSX line to workout in-especially if you get it on sale ; ) 


Now onto the biggest steal of the day. We ventured out to the biggest thrift store around and spent forever looking for hidden treasures. I found this rag and bone stripped cotton shirt dress with silk trim for......wait for it......$3.99!!!!!!! I looked it up online and new it sold for hundreds and on ebay it's selling for around a hundred. It has been seen on celebs like Blake Lively and Cameron Diaz. I can picture it with some Tory flip flops, straw fedora and ray bans this summer for a laid back yet still polished look. 



We ended our almost 8 hour shopping day with a late dinner at a new resturant in Putnam called The Crossings. My younger sister met us there after work. Its a brew pub built in an old train station. The place was gorgeous inside and the food was fresh and savory. We split the cod bites for an appetizer and I got a carrot ginger soup. The beer was awful. I ordered a wheat beer and it tasted flat, flavorless and watered down. Now Im no beer conosoure but I think bud light has more taste than that. I sent it back and got an Angry Orchard with a shot of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. Between that drink and hot soup it warmed me right up with the snow falling outside.


Now I'M DONE SHOPPING! I thinking about doing like a No-Buy february challenge. No beauty products. No clothes. No accessories. Just say no. Maybe I should call it my "I love my bank account challenge" in the valentines day spirit. Who's with me?! 





No comments:

Post a Comment