Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jergens bb body perfecting skin cream review


"It's finally here" the commercial states. BB cream for your body! 
Wait...we're we all waiting for it?! I know I'm a little over the whole BB and CC cream fad. 
I've bought and actually repurchased one BB cream before. The smashbox BB cream I had among countless others are really just glorified tinted moisturizers. BB generally stands for beauty balm or blemish balm, originally from Korea, they burst into the US beauty industry a couple years ago. They claim to even skin, be infused with skin benefiting vitamins and basically be a miracle. 
And now there's a bb cream for the body, and I was skeptical. The jergens cream claims to show "five visible benefits in five days".
1. Hydrate and smooth
2. brighten and illuminate 
3. Even skin tone 
4. Visibly firm
5. Minimize the appearance of imperfections 

To give it a fair chance I used this everyday all over my body for double the length of time it claims to see viable results before reviewing. 

It absolutely hydrates being a cream, it does wear off through out the day like other moisturizers. 
It is a light pink color that fades into the skin, it also appears to have very fine milled shimmer. So those two factors do illuminate the skin and make the skin appear glowing. Even though this bottle says for medium skin tones I tried it on a friend with fair skin and it blended great.
However I do not think it visibly firmed the skin or really covered up an skin imperfections. 
If you want to firm your skin lift weights lol. And if you really want some coverage I would suggest Sally Hansen airbrush legs or Mac face and body foundation. 
It has a nice light pretty smell to it too reminds me of a mix of flowers and tanning oil. 

This isn't the end all be all perfect skin cream but It does temporarily make the skin look brighter and glowing. 
I'm not going to return it because I like the look of it on my arms and shoulders but I won't be repurchasing it. 

Thanks for reading 
Xoxo brianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment