Friday, March 7, 2014

All about brows

"Eyebrows are the frame of the face" someone once said. But the thing is people have a lot of different views on what good brows look like.There are the runway high fashion overgrown thick brows. The naturally full but tamed brows, or the trimmed and perfectly lined brows. And my least favorite the drawn on pencil thin brows. I personally prefer something in between the Jessica alba brow and Megan fox brow, natural but groomed.

I have naturally very thick brows, if I didn't groom them they would take up half my forehead. I also have had a bad habit of over plucking. I even tried waxing my own brows and took of half of a brow once. Ive tried a number of failed attempts to fill them in by using gel liner, and the worst was liquid liner that was so obvious and hideous!! Its a tricky thing to get right. Heres a few tips I've learned over the years of taming these beasts. 

Tools: tweezerman tweezers, white eye liner, small trimming scissors and a brow pencil.

simple steps:
Step 1- I like to line the outside of my brow with a white liner with the desired shape. This helps prevent over plucking and gives a guideline to work with. 
Step 2- I pluck everything on and on the outside of the white line. Make sure to take a step back from the mirror every now and then to make sure you are staying with the desired shape and that your brows are even. 
Step 3-I brush the brows upward so the longer pieces stick up. Hold a small pair of scissors horizontal and trim the top edge. 
Step 4-use the brow pencil or powder with a short angled brush to first line your brows, use short wispy strokes to mimic the look of hair. Then fill in any thin areas on the brows, I only have to do the part of my brows closest to my nose because mine are thick. The rule if thumb is brunettes use a shade lighter than your brows and blondes a shade darker. 
Some woman like to use a clear brow keep your brows in place but I skip that step. 
Before and after

Thanks for reading xoxo brianna 

No comments:

Post a Comment