Sunday, February 23, 2014

How to get a sun kissed glow even in the dead of winter


I was feeling as white as the snow outside. Not that theres anything wrong with a creamy porcelain complexion, however I was more sick and sallow. Even though I'm half black and half white my color is drained by thanksgiving. I have a yellow undertone to my skin too and I literally had people asking me if I was sick when I felt fine. Never mind if I was actually sick or sleep deprived I looked like the walking dead with no makeup.
So I decided to try something new-spray tan! In past winters I've done the tanning beds but swore them off because I'd rather skip out on skin cancer if possible. Heres how to go from pale drab to tan glowing sun kissed fab fast.

First off exfoliate. I used the body shops Vitamin C mircodermabrasion on my face, and my homemade sugar scrub on my body which is brown sugar, coconut oil and honey.
Then got my spray tan using a versa spa tanning system. It was pretty cool and easy too. You have to take off all jewelry and clothes, cover hair with a shower cap and stand in the booth doing different poses as instructed by the machine while in sprays and dries you. The tan develops over the next several hours. If you want to go the self tanning route I've heard great things about the St. Tropez line but haven't tried it.
Left before spray tan, right several hours after

I used Origins ginzing energy boosting moisturizer and Ginzing refreshing eye cream then used an illuminating primer underneath my foundation. This will make you look like your glowing from within and covers up skin imperfections. There are many foundations with a dewy finnish that are excellent but I used my Make-up forever foundation with a satin finnish because it matched my skin color best at this time.

Then I used a large fluffy brush to apply bronzer to the places where the sun would hit, the hairline, cheek bones, nose and chin. I used a victoria's secret bronzer that is now discontuned. Then to add some bronzed color and highlight I put a swipe of revlon palette in bronze glow a dupe for the Bobbi brown bronze shimmer brick. With the lightest shade at the tops on the cheek bones and lightly swipe up to the the temple.
The Final result

Also I'm getting my hair done this coming week and I have a question. Is ombre dead? I know its overplayed now but Ive seen some really pretty pictures via pinterest that are decried as "sombre" a soft subtle ombre effect.
What do you think??

Thanks for reading xoxox brianna 



No comments:

Post a Comment