Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How I clean my makeup brushes



You need to be cleaning your makeup brushes! At least once a month but once a week is better. If you put dirty brushes on your face you're much more likely to breakout. Clean brushes will pick up colors better and blend them out on your skin much smoother. 
I don't own a brush set. I have a mish mash of elf, Sonia kashuk, sephora, bare minerals and real techniques brushes. I eventually want to invest in a sigma brush kit but for now mine do the job, mostly because I take care of them. 

First I wet the brush careful not to get the handle. I put some purity made simple(I also own sephora brush sampoo but you can use baby shampoo too) in my palm and swirl it around. then I rinse the brush and squeeze the excess water off the brissels. 

Then I gently rub the brush on a paper towel with rubbing alcohol on it to remove any remaining makeup and sterilize it. This also makes them dry faster. 
Lastly I lay the brush out to dry on a face cloth, usually takes overnight to dry. 
And viola! Clean brushes! 
For a quick clean in between the deeper washes I wipe the brushes on a paper towel with a spritz the of sephora daily brush cleaner. This takes the surface makeup off so different colors and shades don't blend together during use. 


A couple weeks ago I picked up a couple NYX butter glosses and I'm in love with them! 
I originally got terimisu, a warm pinky nude and then went back for more. 
On clearance I got orange called cherry cheese cake and sugar cookie, a bright pink. Now from the outside the bright or dark shades seem scary but these go on more sheer. They have a beautiful creamy milky color, with no shimmer it glitter which I like. The butter glosses feel like a lip treatment but look pretty natural. Obsessed. 


I also got my hair cut to a long angled bob. After years of trying to grow my hair to my waist it just won't grow any longer than a few inches past my shoulders. So I got 5 inches off and said F it. 

Here's how it looks when I use a curling wand. My shorter hair is perfect for the summer months! 
I also did this keratin treatment I got from Walmart.com. Save your money, not great. It didn't damage my hair too much,  but it didn't do to much of anything...oh well.

Thanksfor reading! Enjoy your day : )
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment